[UPDATED: clonezilla e gparted live-cd, Bacula; ubuntu rescue remix; duplicity]
Aqui ficam alguns exemplos de Software para nos livrar de apuros quando os nossos amados sistemas nos deixam pendurados, ou até para evitar que esses mesmos sistemas nos deixem ficar mal.
Nesta entrada apenas vou dar uma lista, depois a ver se há tempo para uma análise mais profunda a cada CD.
Na maior parte de casos os LiveCD’s, dão para usar da Pen ou até a partir de cd’s de 210Mb ou se preferirem dos DVD’s de 1,4Gb.
Geralmente os Cd’s de distribuições GNU/Linux servem até para safar problemas em sistemas daquela empresa que só vê cifrões, a micro$oft, no entanto também para essas pessoas que ou ainda não puderam ou ainda não conseguiram ver a Luz, ou seja, que ainda não usam Software Livre, GNU/Linux, BSD’s e até OpenSolaris e outros, cá ficam um cd.
Eis a lista:
1º Rescue CD’s / Forensics / Penetration testing
- Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD)
- UBCD4Win (versão para o m$-window$)
- Uma lista de LiveCD’s que resolvem muita coisa
- SystemRescueCD – Description: SystemRescueCd is a Linux system on a bootable CD-ROM for repairing your system and recovering your data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the partitions of the hard disk. It contains a lot of system utilitiesboot the CDROM. The kernel supports most of the important file systems (ext2/ext3, reiserfs, btrfs, reiser4, xfs, jfs, vfat, ntfs, iso9660), as well as network filesystems (samba and nfs). (parted, partimage, fstools, …) and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools). It is very easy to use: just
- Helix – Helix is a customized distribution of Ubuntu Linux. Helix is more than just a bootable live CD. You can still boot into a customized Linux environment that includes customized linux kernels, excellent hardware detection and many applications dedicated to Incident Response and Forensics.
- BackTrack – BackTrack is the most Top rated linux live distribution focused on penetration testing.
With no installation whatsoever, the analysis platform is started directly from the CD-Rom and is fully accessible within minutes.
- Ubuntu rescue remix – Ubuntu Rescue Remix is a GNU/Linux live system which runs from CD or USB flash device. It provides the data recovery specialist with a command-line interface environment equipped with the best free-libre, open source data recovery and forensics tools available.
2º Backup’s / clonagem / instalação automatizada
- Mondo Rescue – Mondo is reliable. It backs up your GNU/Linux server or workstation to tape, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R[W], DVD+R[W], NFS or hard disk partition. In the event of catastrophic data loss, you will be able to restore all of your data [or as much as you want], from bare metal if necessary.
Mondo is in use by Lockheed-Martin, Nortel Networks, Siemens, HP, IBM, NASA’s JPL, the US Dept of Agriculture, dozens of smaller companies, and tens of thousands of users.
- Partimage – Partimage is a Linux utility which saves partitions having a supported filesystem to an image file. Most Linux and Windows filesystems are supported. The image file can be compressed with the gzip / bzip2 programs to save disk space, and they can be splitted into multiple files to be copied on CDs / DVDs, … Partitions can also be saved across the network
since version 0.6.0 using the partimage network support, or using Samba / NFS. If you don’t want to install Partimage, you can download and burn SystemRescueCd.
It’s a livecd that allows to use Partimage immediately even if your computer has no operating system installed (useful to restore an image), and it allows to save an image on a DVD on the fly.
- g4l – G4L is a hard disk and partition imaging and cloning tool. The created images are optionally compressed and transferred to an FTP server or cloned locally. Version 0.27 adds ssh backup on local menu, and encryption on Network menu.
- Clonezilla – Clonezilla, based on DRBL, Partition Image, ntfsclone, partclone, and udpcast, allows you to do bare metal backup and recovery. Two types of Clonezilla are available, Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (server edition). Clonezilla live is suitable for single machine backup and restore. While Clonezilla SE is for massive deployment, it can clone many (40 plus!) computers simultaneously.
- GParted /Parted/QTParted– GParted is the Gnome Partition Editor application. Before attempting to use it, here is some basic background information.
- Bacula – Bacula is a set of computer programs that permit you (or the system administrator) to manage backup, recovery, and verification of computer data across a network of computers of different kinds. Bacula, the Network Backup Tool for Linux, Unix, Mac and Windows.
- FOG – Fog is a Linux-based, free and open source computer imaging solution for Windows XP and Vista that ties together a few open-source tools with a php-based web interface. Fog doesn’t use any boot disks, or CDs; everything is done via TFTP and PXE.
- duplicity – Duplicity backs directories by producing encrypted tar-format volumes and uploading them to a remote or local file server. Because duplicity uses librsync, the incremental archives are space efficient and only record the parts of files that have changed since the last backup. Because duplicity uses GnuPG to encrypt and/or sign these archives, they will be safe from spying and/or modification by the server.
- BackupPC – is a high-performance, enterprise-grade system for backing up Linux, WinXX and MacOSX PCs and laptops to a server’s disk. BackupPC is highly configurable and easy to install and maintain.
Para terminar deixo um site interessante com dicas e vídeos de segurança, uma espécie de Howto’s em Vídeo, o Irongeek.
Conhecem mais alguns exemplos de Software Livre que possam fazer parte desta lista?
Powered by ScribeFire.